Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What a weekend!

This past weekend was truly wonderful! Sorry I'm just now getting around to writing about it. I was having a rough couple of pregnant days the last two days.

Friday at 1pm Trapper and I packed up the car and headed to Asheboro to see the rents. I got there around 4pm so I got a chance to relax until mom got off work, dad had a softball game. As soon as mom got home we had a brainstorming session on what to do for the nursery (unfortunately still not 100% on anything). Then we headed out for dinner. We went to one of my fave restaurants, Chili's. After that we went to Lowe's real fast to get a couple of things. (Mom and dad are going to be redoing one of their bathrooms, can't wait to see it finished. They are going to completely redo everything from sink, toilet, shower, and flooring.) After Lowe's and dinner mom and I headed to my aunt Sharon's house to help give ideas on how she can update parts of her house, for example touch up on paints, polish the cabinets, etc. While we were there I showed off my ever expanding waistline. Sharon couldn't believe how big I already am. Mom and I then headed to the house and I was ready to crash, so I headed on off to bed.

Saturday I woke up early to get ready for a girls day with Debbie (mother-in-law, Amy, April E., Lindsay (sister-in-laws) at the Grandover Resort in Greensboro. I left a little early so I could get to Old Navy first and then went to meet them at the hotel. We went to lunch at TGIFriday's. Then we headed back to the hotel for all of our appointments. Everyone but me had an appointment at 2pm so I went and hung out by the pool until my 3pm appointment. At 3 I received my first EVER massage. I got a prenatal massage from Elkie, she was a German masseuse. Sometimes she was very hard to understand, but overall it was a very nice experience. After my appointment I went with April and Lindsay to get ready for dinner. After all 5 of us were ready we headed to Outback for dinner. Then we went to Four Seasons to shop. After about an hour we were all so exhausted from the day we were ready to leave. When we got back to the hotel I headed back to Asheboro to Mom's. Mom and I ended up watching Unsolved Mysteries together. (Quick side note: Since becoming pregnant, whatever I watch before I go to bed, I end up putting myself there in my dreams. For example, a couple of weeks ago when there was an American ship captain held hostage on the news, that night I dreamed that I was in the Marines and I ended up saving him. ) So that night while trying to sleep I kept trying to solve the mysteries.

Sunday we all went to church. After church mom and I went to Babies R Us in Greensboro to see if we could finally settle on what to do for the nursery. I have to say Sunday I was EXTREMELY sore. I'm not sure if it was from my massage or if it was from walking up and down a flight of stairs 10 times while at the spa. My sore spots were my lower back, my legs, and my bum. After BRU we went to grab a milkshake and then went back to Asheboro. After I packed up the car I had to say my goodbyes. I headed back home to Roanoke Rapids. Once I got home, Mike had made me a steak, some corn, and even had a piece of frozen pie for dessert. It topped off a perfect weekend!

1 comment:

Amy Rhymer said...

You forgot Henretta (or however you spell that)