Today Maddie and Zack were invited over to a friends house to build gingerbread houses. They had a lot of fun!
Sunday, December 20, 2015
Back when we lived in Roanoke Rapids we had some friends that we were really close to. They had a daughter, Arrie about 3 months after Maddie and Zack were born. We went out to eat together every Sunday. We were always together on the weekends and a LOT during the week. Once we moved to Mooresville they had another daughter and moved to Tarboro. We have tried to remain close, but due to distance and life with children we haven't seen them in 3 years. This weekend they came to visit us. The kids had a BLAST together. Maddie and Arrie were inseparable and Avery and Zack played really well together too. I have missed them so much. We are trying to recruit them to move this way. They already have their house on the market. So prayers that someone will buy their house!!
On Tuesday we surprised the kids and took them to Zootastic. It is a local place that is like a huge petting zoo, but during Christmas they have a TON of lights. Once you are done with the lights, you can go see Santa, then feed some animals, do some s'mores and also get your pic made with a giraffe. The kids LOVED it and had a blast!
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
We found Dash this morning with Shimmer and Touchdown. Who is Touchdown? He is the boy Carolina elf we got at the UNC vs. VA game which was the same time we got Shimmer. We have been missing him, but Dash helped find him last night. Anyway, after watching 1/2 of the Grinch last night, we found the elves torturing poor Grinch. I guess they don't know the ending of that movie and how he becomes nice at the end!
Monday, December 14, 2015
Zack has really been wanting to watch The Grinch, BUT only when Dash is in front of the tv to watch. Well, it looks like Dash heard Zack. He and Shimmer even popped popcorn and they are ready for movie night! Looks like after school we will be watching the movie.
Sunday, December 13, 2015
We Found Dash coloring with Shimmer this morning. Zack is convinced that Shimmer has real magic like Dash does, however mommy and Maddie think that Dash makes Shimmer come to life like the rest of the toys he plays with at night. Either way, we found them coloring this morning. They are excellent at staying in the lines.
Saturday, December 12, 2015
This week we have all been under the weather. Of course that doesn't mean we were all home sick in bed. Nope! Our church musical is this weekend, with one show completed last night. We have one today and two tomorrow. Poor Michael didn't even have a voice to sing on Wednesday, but we have been downing loads of medicine, zinc, vitamin c, you name it, we have tried it. The first performance went great! Michael sounded awesome and in my two songs I was able to have a voice to squeak by,
Not only have I been dealing with everyone's colds, but I have also had a TON of business orders. I had 4 dresses due this week and of course they were all brand new dresses I have never attempted. I got them all completed and I think they turned out great. We also had our normal run mom ragged schedule with dance and we started basketball this week.
Just another week in the life of a Hectic Nowell!!
What's up next week? 5 dresses, monogrammed vest, monogrammed pillow, dance for Maddie (special class where they dress up like princesses), church (kids have to bring baby gifts for baby Jesus, which are donated to our pregnancy support center), basketball, kids play, my class play, my class party, teacher party, secret sister gifts due all week, parent and kids gifts due, and last but not least we have a Christmas surprise for the kids. We also are continuing to do Christmas books every day and an advent activity. I'm looking forward to the 19th!!!!!
Friday, December 11, 2015
Thursday, December 10, 2015
This morning we found Dash tied up with dental floss along with a note from the Tooth Fairy. She let Zack know that Dash thought she was a tooth thief and wouldn't let her leave, so she tied him up. Before all the commotion, I was able to get a pic of the Tooth Fairy's visit.
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
When Zack got off the bus today he had a tooth that was barely hanging on. He messed with it for a few hours, but it was still holding on when we left for church. He went to Mrs. Kim Sellers and asked if she would pull it for him. Literally a second later, he had his 1st tooth out. He is so excited. In fact all night he ran to anyone at church that would listen and show his smile!
It appears that Dash has met our girl Carolina Elf, Shimmer, that we got back in October. I think he is quite smitten with her. Looks like he took her out for syrup "shakes". They look happy! Let's hope he doesn't break her heart when he has to leave to go back to the North Pole.
Thursday, December 3, 2015
This morning we discovered Dash on the kitchen counter with a note. The note says "I packed your lunch. I hope you like it! Love, Dash". Let's just say, I'm glad it is pizza day and we will be buying our lunches today. However, we thank Dash for being so sweet though!
Wednesday, December 2, 2015
Monday, November 30, 2015
Sunday, November 29, 2015
Saturday, November 28, 2015
It has finally come! The first day of school! The first day of Kindergarten! The first day of them being big kids! They were so excited this morning. They rode the bus and mommy was little nervous about this, because I see one or both leaving their lunch on there, but hopefully they won't. They are going to have an amazing year!!
I know this blog is turning into a Christmas blog only. I'm sorry!!! I will be making a New Year's goal to post again more often!!! In the meantime, today is the day after Thanksgiving, so you know what that means... Yep, Dash, our elf is back! This morning we woke up to 4 of our Christmas trees up and Dash hanging out in the kitchen on a zip line. The sign on the line says "I'm Back". Can't wait to see all the crazy antics he will be doing this year!
Friday, August 21, 2015
Maddie has lost her 2nd tooth. A third tooth looks like it will be gone in a matter of minutes, but somehow it is hanging on for at least another night. Looks like she should be able to sing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth".
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
1. What is your favorite color? Light blue3. What is your favorite fruit? watermelon
2. What is your favorite toy? my cars
2. What is your favorite toy? my cars
4. What is your favorite tv show? Family Game Night
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Peanut Butter Sandwhich
6. What is your favorite outfit? My night costume
7. What is your favorite game? Connect 4
8. What is your favorite snack? Cheese it's
9. What is your favorite animal? zebra
10. What is your favorite song? Jesus Loves Me
11. What is your favorite book? Super Hero Friends: Flying High
12. Who is your best friend? David L.
13. What is your favorite cereal? Fruit Loops
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play in the pool
15. What is your favorite drink? water
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? my Lightning McQueen stuffed toy
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Jelly biscuit
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? vegetables, chicken nuggets
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A basketball player
1. What is your favorite color? pink, red, purple2. What is your favorite toy? stuffed animal cat
3. What is your favorite fruit? strawberries, blueberries
4. What is your favorite tv show? My Little Pony
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? pizza
6. What is your favorite outfit? summer dress
7. What is your favorite game? Twister
8. What is your favorite snack? bananas
9. What is your favorite animal? pig
10. What is your favorite song? Ariel songs
11. What is your favorite book? Princess Book from my birthday
12. Who is your best friend? Katelyn & Robert
13. What is your favorite cereal? Lucky Charms
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play cat and dog
15. What is your favorite drink? Milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? my stuffed cat
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Muffins
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Chicken, salad, corn, green beans
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A new princess
Happy 6th birthday, Zack! We love you more than to the moon and back! We are so blessed to be your parents! You currently love to compete! You love to play any sport and any board game! You are so smart and are very excited to start kindergarten. You are so sweet, loving, gracious. You are encouraging and friendly. Happy birthday, Zack! We have enjoyed these last 6 years and look forward to continue to watch you grow into an amazing young boy. (Just want the time to go slow, though!)
Happy birthday to the most precious miracles in the world! Maddie and Zack, we (mommy and daddy) are so grateful that God chose us to be your parents! We love you and we hope that ALL your dreams come true! Happy birthday you two!
Saturday, July 25, 2015
Happy birthday, Grampy! Sorry for the lack of video. We are on the road and YouTube has changed their uploading procedures. So if you click on the link below and it will go to your video! We love you!!
Saturday, July 18, 2015
Back in May, I was asked if I could decorate a few bulletin boards for our upcoming VBS (Vacation Bible School). Our theme is Journey Off the Map. I'm not sure how, but somewhere between May and June, bulletin boards turned into the entire church decorations for VBS. So, all week, I have been at the church decorating the halls, fellowship hall, and sanctuary. Below are some of the designs and decorations I came up with.
Friday, July 10, 2015
16 years ago today I went on a date with the most amazing guy!! I can literally say, I have been with him for half my life!
11 years ago today we said "I Do"! Happy Anniversary to an amazing husband, father to our kids and best friend. I can't believe how much my love for you grows daily!! "And I thought I loved you then"! Love you babe!!
Sunday, June 28, 2015
Well, the Tooth Fairy made an appearance at our house last night. She left Maddie a $5. She also had a lot of Fairy Dust on it (which also was all over her bed this morning). I thought I heard her come in, so I snuck in and found her over Maddie and I snapped a picture as fast as I could.