Monday, January 4, 2010

Sesame Street party

Happy Birthday Aaden! Saturday the 2nd I got to have the honor of hosting my nephew's 1st Birthday Party. He LOVES Elmo so the theme was easy to decide. I did a lot of research on Elmo and the rest of the gang over at Sesame Street. There are so many people I HAVE to thank, Mom, Dad, Stacy, Kevin, Crystal, Sandra, and of course my husband for all their help.

Below there is a picture of the mantel. I got some great inspiration from Maddy Cakes. I made the banner using my Cricut and Sesame Street cartridge. Thanks to Christmas gifts we had Tickle Me Elmo to put as the focus on the mantel. I put out some Chinese lanterns in the main colors (blue, red, yellow and green) and then also displayed some Sesame Street books. For Christmas we found a particular Sesame Street book on Shutterfly that makes anyone the star of the book. On each page it has a picture of Aaden helping the gang out by finding all the A's that went missing. Also, Target had a few books in the dollar spot.


I got the inspiration for the Elmo/Cookie Monster cups from Hostess with the Mostess. On her website she did Cookie monster cups, but I decided to do both the red and blue monsters.

I took one of my large glass cylinders and wrapped it with green paper and then took a glass ball and put up top. Then I created a sign to make it look like the famous Sesame Street lamp post. Also on the food table I made a large A and the number 1 out of Styrofoam and then put googly eyes to make them look like the fun letters on Sesame. I then put out our stuffed animals like Big Bird, Zoe, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Elmo, and others like Jen's website. Unfortunately I don't have a great picture of the candy buffet. But below are a few before I put out the rest of the food/cupcakes.

The centerpieces I made by using the cricut again. I then taped the designs on paper plates glued to wooden dowels which were in potted bowls. I then filled the bottom with Cookie Crisps (I don't have a picture of the finished product, but have them without the cookie crisps.)

Aaden's birthday hat I made really fast! I made it around 1am the night before. The cupcakes I had help with. I got the inspiration from this website. I did run into a problem, because my icing wasn't sturdy enough, so thanks to my aunt Sandra for coming over helping fix them. We used half a Oreo for the mouth and on cookie monster we used large marshmallows while for Elmo we used small marshmallows. For Elmo's nose I used a orange M&M.


The games I found on Ebay. Harold was great. You can ask him to make any type of character.I found Elmo and Big Bird balloons which were a HUGE hit with both Aaden and other kids their age. Aaden kept trying to tackle them both.
Mom thank you for helping with the centerpieces, food, and everything else! Stacy and Kevin thank you for helping with the small details. Crystal thank you for keeping me sane and helping set up. Sandra thank you for saving the day with the cupcakes. Dad thank you for delivering things we kept forgetting. And especially thank you to my husband for realizing how crazy I can get when it comes to parties!

Below are a few more pictures of everyone celebrating the life of my nephew. Enjoy!

No comments: