Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Weekend

We had a busy Memorial weekend! Friday after Mike got off work we loaded the car and headed to Castle Hayne. The twins usually will fall asleep after 10 minutes in the car, but not on this trip. After about ten minutes the next 30 minutes were filled with cries. So I finally hopped in the back seat and helped them with their bottles and started playing Your Baby Can Read on the portable DVD player. That kept them quiet until we got their. After a few minutes of hellos, it was time to put the kids down for the night. On Saturday the men went to go get some soft shell crabs. After they got back, I went to take a trip to WalMart to pick up the rest of the pictures I ordered. After lunch we took the twins down to the river. They got to see ducks for the first time. I left my camera, but luckily grampy brought his. As soon as I get those pictures I will put them up. Saturday night we had those soft shell crabs (delicious!!). Sunday we were up early. After breakfast we had to say goodbye to grandma and grampy and head to Jacksonville. We dropped off the twins to Gram and Great-Aunt Sue while Mike and I had to head to Durham for a wedding. My former college roommate was getting married. She had a Hindu wedding at 2 and then a formal Jewish Ceremony at 7pm. We could only stay for the Hindu wedding, but it was really neat to see different cultures! On Monday we spent some time with Amy, Michael, Callie, and Cayden, along with Gram and Pop. At noon we had a cookout. All of Gram's sisters got to come over with their husbands along with Great-Great Aunt Madelin. After the meal we had to pack up and say goodbye to everyone. The weekend was just too short!! Below are a few pictures that I took from the cookout. I will put up the pics from Castle Hayne as soon as I get them.


No comments: