Monday, October 11, 2010

10-8-10 Weekend

On Friday the 8th I loaded up the kids and headed to A'boro. Aunt Stacy and cousin Aaden got a chance to come up from GA so we spent the day with them. On Saturday we had a VERY special visit from the Rhymer's and from Grammy. All of us ladies and the kids (5 adults and 5 kids) went to the zoo, while the Michaels went to the UNC vs. Clemson game and my dad was helping out with our youth group fundraiser. For the most part everyone did REALLY well!! Callie's favorite parts was the geysers and Sea Lions. I know Aaden loved the bug playground and the Sea Lions. While Maddie and Zack also loved the Sea Lion (He kept swimming by the window and they all got excited every time he went by). After the zoo we all went out to eat at Sagebrush and we were joined by Papaw. Again, everyone was on their best behavior and most everyone didn't have much naps or any at all so we were all pleasantly surprised. After we got back to house we got the kiddos ready for bed.


On Sunday, the Rhymers and Gram left early in the morning. After church we came back to the house to eat lunch and then we went to a birthday party for a friend of Aaden's, she turned 2 and had a Veggie Tale themed birthday party. It was so cute!! After the party we headed back to mom's. After dinner, Stacy and I took on the task of making Halloween costumes for Aaden and Zack. A few months ago (July to be exact), my mom went to WeeRuns event and found a Tinkerbell costume for Maddie so I decided to have Tinkerbell and Peter Pan costumes for the kids. Over the last few weeks I have been looking for Peter Pan costumes for toddlers and have discovered that the cheapest was $60. (I'm sorry, I think that is a ridiculous price for a costume to be worn once!) So I looked up some ideas on how to make it. While this was going on Stacy had been looking into costumes for Aaden, she wants him to be Bam-Bam. I decided that we were going to attempt both of these costumes. We went and bought the fabric Friday night and we started on them Sunday. I got everything pinned before church and then around 5:30pm we found mom's sewing machine and went to town. I had never made anything to this magnitude. Other than making a tale for my skunk costume I haven't really ever sewed. So to say this was a large task was an understatement. Well...at 11pm we got everything completed. I am going to make some treat bags to match all of their costumes when I go back, but the actual costumes are all done. I sewed everything on Aaden's costume while Stacy hot glued all the black triangles. Then I sewed Zack's pants, top, belt, fake sword, and hat. I can't wait to show off the pictures. Then on Monday we loaded everything back up and headed home. It was great to see everyone and fun to have such a full house!!

No comments: