Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Year Resolution

I usually know way in advance of New Year's Eve what my New Year Resolutions are going to be, but this year I had to really think hard.  I wanted to chose something that I NEED to do, not necessarily wanted to do.  So after much consideration.  I have decided that I have two (technically 3) goals for this year.  Number 1 (technically 1 & 2) is to continue last year's goals, which were to run and keep my blog updated.  The new goal for this year and one that I REALLY need to do...is to get organized.  I have to admit that I am one of the worst house keepers.  At MOPS last week our director openly stated that she always says "Sorry my house is a mess today" when people unexpectedly drop by.   She also stated that she likes to think that it is just messy that day, but the truth is...it stays that way.  I too am ashamed of how messy my house is daily.  I believe that I am very unorganized when it comes to my house, so I'm hoping that if I FINALLY get organized, that maybe, just maybe the house won't be always in shambles.  I have been working on my scrapbook/office for a week and it still looks like a hurricane went through.  Hopefully soon it will finally get to what I want it to look like. 

The next project I started was a command central for the kids.  I found this on pinterest and I just loved it!  The lady sells the 16 x 20 paper for $50 (not to mention the frame, wood, and hook that I also had to purchase), but on my budget I thought...I can make this on my own.  So I went through the scrapbook room and found paper and I got on Word and printed out a weekly calendar and a monthly calendar.  I then went to Michaels and found 16 x 20 frames for $7.99.  I also had a 40% coupon for one item.  My total so far is $14.66.  Then I headed to Lowe's and bought two pieces of wood and two hooks (which came two in one package) for a total of $8.58. 

I am always forgetting fundraisers and doing last minute paperwork for the kids school so I love how this board has a place for kids paperwork.  I also just discovered that you can write on any glass/picture frame with a dry erase pin.  SO, it is nice to have a weekly calendar and monthly calendar grid that I can write on and erase at any time.  Here is my finished product which was $23.24.








2 comments:

Amy and Michael said...

LOVE the calendars. So cute! Great idea. Also - I heard in a testimony this week. If you feel things are a mess - God has a miracle happening among the mess!

zel@dry erase magnetic board said...

Such a creative way of organizing your kids paper works. You can also organize their activities at the same time.