Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 4 of Advent

Today's activities were to write a letter to an oversea troop and the 2nd one was to read the story of Jesus' birth. Since my cousin is currently stationed in Afghanistan, I am currently trying to get his contact info, I thought it would be nice to mail him some Christmas cards from the kids and me. I can't imagine being in a war, much less there at Christmas. So please take the time to thank our veterans!

Tonight before bed we read the story of Baby Jesus. I was so proud of the kids that they have been really paying attention the last few days that we have read books and they know that Jesus was placed in a manger with animals. I hope I convey that all the froufrou stuff is great, but the real reason for the season is His birthday!

No comments: