Monday, June 9, 2014

Birds of a feather

Back in May (I believe middle of May), we discovered a bird's nest in our tiny tree in our front yard.  We kept an eye on it.  First there was 1 egg, but then a couple days later, there were 3 Robin Eggs.  We watched them week by week.  Then 3 short weeks later we discovered that 2 of the 3 eggs hatched.  Maddie and Zack named them, Maddie and Zack.  I tried to  take pictures week by week.  In just three short weeks they were ready to fly off on their own.  In fact we came home Saturday and found them missing.  We walked to the front door and discovered one was on our walk way acting like it was hurt.  So I picked it up and tried to put it back in the nest, but before I could, he flew out of my hand.  

Bye-bye sweet Maddie and Zack birdies!!  Come back and visit often!!






No comments: