Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Halloween costume making

Yes, it is only September.  However, this mom has two kids that have requested some very elaborate costumes, so I have to start early.  Before I know it I will be having to start in December for the next Halloween.  Haha!!

So, I was sworn to secrecy what they will be, but I wanted to share a small hint for Maddie's costume this year.  This is her wig.  I started by unwinding a full speil of yarn and then I sewed it onto old top of Maddie's dance tights to make a wig cap.  Once it was sewn in place, it was time to start braiding and placing onto the mannequin.  I used fabric glue to keep the wig more natural, but I hot glued the bun in place.  Once the glue dried, I also added a hair band.  Then started painting using acrylic paint.  I painted everything a dark grey, then kept getting lighter and lighter to add more depth.  Have any guesses as to what she will be?

No comments: