Sunday, October 22, 2017

Dirt in the Skirt

I can cross off Tough Mudder from my "to run" list.  Stacy came up with her friend Josh and we ran as team Dirt in the Skirt.  Of course I made A Legaue of their Own Costumes for the occasion.  It was fun.  It was HARD, but it was fun.  I won't be doing that race again though.  It was very unorganized and for our completetion we only got a headband. Every mud run I have ever ran in, you get a medal, and for the price we paid, we were expecting medals.  I lost my bib in the second obstacle, so I don't have anything to hang on my bib/medal holder.  Oh well.  I will say that the obstacles were tough.  It was a lot of running!!!!  We did the Tough Mudder 1/2, because I didn't want to do the electric shock and ice plunge (which is the Tough Mudder Full).  I did enjoy a few of the obstacles like the Block Ness Monster.  There were a lot of walls to scale and LOTS of mud.  I got hurt right after the first obstacle (I slid down an embankment and a root sliced up the back of my hamstring) so doing the 11 other obstacles and running the next 5 miles was not that comfortable.  Oh to be back in my 20's again, lol!!

No comments: