Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Day of Remembrance

I had a really hard time writing this blog. Not only emotional, but trying to find the words that I wanted to express really was difficult. As every human knows born before 2001, today is the anniversary of 9/11/01 the day America was attacked by heartless, despicable and in my opinion evil men. A day that everyone knows exactly where they were, what they were doing, and how they heard/saw the news. I am dreading the day that I have to sit my kids down and tell them what happened. I dread the the hurt that I will have if I see my kids eyes filled with fear and/or sadness.


 As the eleventh anniversary is upon us I wanted this day to mean SO much more than another day or just a day for remembrance. Luckily about a week or two ago, I heard an ad on the radio for 9/11 on how we want to change what this day means. Yes, still remember, but not to feel sad or fearful, but honor those that have fallen. There were thousands of those who were everyday people that turned into heroes that day. So the ad was asking everyone today to be a hero. Now, that doesn't mean go find your super cape and mask, but instead means to help others in need. What would the world be like if everyone put aside their differences and went out of their way to treat each other with love and respect? I'm hoping the "hero" movement sweeps the nation, but I also hope it is not just the day of 9/11 but every day we honor those and step up and be a hero to someone!

No comments: