Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

This past weekend we went to A'boro to spend time with my mom for Mother's Day. My sister and her family were also meeting us there so I got to spend time with my nephew who I haven't seen in a couple months (he has gotten so big!!).

Friday night we arrived around 9:45pm and we spent about an hour with everyone before bed. Saturday we woke up and spent some time with each other. Crystal came over and we all decided to take Aaden to the zoo. We ended up walking the entire zoo. There were some new exhibits that I have never seen before. There are several coming out this year that I think would be neat. One in particular is in June there will be a "Feeding the Giraffes" exhibit. I think the funniest thing was Aaden fell asleep as soon as we walked in and didn't wake up until we were waiting for the bus to take us to the car.







After the zoo, Dean came over and all 9 of us went to American Roadhouse for dinner. Then we headed back to the house. Crystal's friend Erin and her fiance came over and we played games. We played Guesstures (which was a game of charades). It was girls against boys and the girls whipped up on the boys pretty good (2-0). By 10pm we were all exhausted from our day that they ended up leaving and I went straight to bed.











Sunday was Mother's Day. Mike and I got up early to make breakfast. (When I said "we" made breakfast, he made pancakes and I supervised.) After breakfast and gifts we all got ready for church. Church was really good and the lesson was "The Importance of a mom". Dad left early to make lunch for us all. Lunch was outside on the patio, it was really nice! Unfortunately after lunch us kids had to leave. Stacy had a 6 hour drive and we needed to get back to mow the yard. When we got in front of our house we saw that a bizarre thing had happened. Our yard was mysteriously mowed. Not only that but our driveway (which had weeds growing up in it) was completely clean. It was like the yard ferry had came down and did our yard (however it was our neighbors who ended up doing our yard.) We felt bad, because we were worried they were so upset at how bad we had let it get so high, but it turned out they did it because they wanted to do something for us.



All in all it was a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: