Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Baby Update

I woke up this morning kinda upset. I didn't feel Zack move yesterday. So after lunch I decided to call the doctor's office. They told me to go to Labor and Delivery and get a Non Stress Test (NST). So Michael came back to the house, packed the car w/ our bags (just in case) and headed to Tarboro. After we got there, we had to first check in, which literally took 30 minutes because the lady in the office typed one letter at a time. I went up to the maternity ward and they had me get in a gown so they could start the NST. Immediately Zack started to move ALL around, so he has pulled his first prank on me and he isn't even born yet. Both heartbeats were great. I had 6 contractions within an hour, but not big contractions so I was about to be discharged when my doctor came in. He saw us and said "hey for fun, let's do an ultrasound." So I came back in the room and we did an ultrasound. At first the doctor scared us...he said Maddie was a boy b/c he could see um...the turtle. But later after giving us a heart attack he noticed that it was Zack's um...private parts. Then he looked at Maddie and started to get worried over the amount of amniotic fluid around her (a low amount of fluid usually indicates the placenta is not working properly). He said that he wanted me to stay in the hospital overnight to try and get more fluids in me, to see if that would help Maddie. So that is where I am right now. Tomorrow morning they are going to perform another ultrasound and see if the fluids help. If she stays the same, they are probably going to go ahead and take the babies. If it works, I will be discharged. I'll update when we know more, that is if I don't go into labor.

3 comments:

Amy and Michael said...

I cannot wait until we meet and hear about Zack and Maddie's arrival. We are keeping you four in our prayers (and Trapper too since he'll have to share now). We love you very much and can't wait to hear another update!

lacey said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW! i am praying for you, mike, maddie and zack!

Anonymous said...

April and Mike,
I have so enjoyed catching up on your lives and your impending joys :). I hope that all goes well with the babies (and Mommy and Daddy) as you approach the coming weeks. The nursery is fantastic! Can't wait to see pictures. Take care~Jessica Dotson (Hamilton)