Wednesday, July 29, 2009

36 week update

Yesterday I had my 36 week appointment. Can you believe it? I have made it 36 weeks with twins. I had a very quick ultrasound where we saw both babies with plenty of amniotic fluid, so we are in the clear. Zachary is weighing in at 5 lbs. 12 oz. and Madelin is 5 lbs. 8 oz. (Maddie might actually weigh a little more, poor thing she is extremely mushed, so the sonographer couldn't get a good measurement.) After the ultrasound, I met with one of the doctors. I had my GBS test and then talked to him. He asked if we were already scheduled for the section. I told him no. He said "Well every time we schedule twins, they usually don't cooperate. They come early." I immediately told him "well let's schedule them right away!!". He started laughing. It appears that my doctor's office doesn't agree with every twin book/website that I have ever read. I have always read that they will not let you get past 38 weeks with twins. Well they won't take me before 39 weeks. That's right I have yet another 3 weeks to go. Our birth date is planned on the 17th of August. I am already absolutely miserable and I just can't imagine getting bigger and more miserable.

(Warning, about to start complaining) I understand everyone complains this far along in a normal pregnancy, but you have to realize, I'm carrying TWO! I'm already hauling around almost 12 lbs. of just baby!! In three more weeks they could be around 7 lbs. , 14lbs of baby!! AGHHHH!! I have one in my ribs and the other far down. I'm swollen and look like I have elephant disease. And they expect me to go THREE more weeks???? (okay that is done).

I also did my hemoglobin test which was good. They also drew blood from me, but I have no idea what that was for. All in all it was a good appointment and we praise God for two healthy babies!

Once I got home Michael and I joked about all the home remedies we are going to try and get these babies out of me sooner than the 17th. I'm going to be walking, eating spicy foods, foot rubs, drinking tea, castor oil, and trying any other wives tale. If anyone else has any ideas just let us know!

2 comments:

Amy and Michael said...

I have been telling Michael there is one sure way to put you in labor but he keeps hanging the phone up on me!

lacey said...

you can...do alillte bump and grind...i have heard many times that is works...can not wait to see them sweet babies! i am glad to know that you are doing good...i was so swollen at the end my fingers and toes looked liked vienne sausages(Spelling sorry) and i wore a size 10 fake wedding ring...from a 6 1/2 to a 10...i am praying for you and mike and the babies!
lacey