Friday, July 17, 2009

Mystery Bell Ringing...

Wednesday night was a night that we hardly got any sleep. I meant to post this yesterday, but I was so tired I couldn't do it. This is totally another "April story".

Thursday morning at 3am I awoke to a barking dog. Trapper was going crazy. Michael got up and said that he thought he heard the doorbell ring. This immediately scared me to death. I have seen too many 20/20 episodes, scary movies, etc.. I was worried that he would answer the door and someone would overpower him and come in. (Yes I have a twisted mind). So I told Michael not to go downstairs, so he let Trapper out. Trapper ran downstairs but within a minute came back up calm. So we decided to go back to bed. I couldn't sleep...and not much longer this time I heard the doorbell. So I got up and looked out the front window in our room, the side window and the window in our bathroom which overlooks the backyard. I was so scared, I now have even put fear in Michael...yes I'm that good. Michael kept offering to go downstairs and I wouldn't let him. Then not much longer....yet again the doorbell rang. This time Michael offered to call the police. I asked him about the time of all of these rings. We thought about it and seemed that they were about 20 minutes apart. This is when I began to think that maybe our bell is shortening out. So...about 20 minutes later it rang again and we started to relax. BUT then it started getting crazy. The doorbell rang 6 minutes later, then 10 minutes later. I told Michael to go to sleep and I would stay up because I could sleep the next day. I stayed up for another hour, but I never heard another ring. The next thing I knew it was a little before 7am and another ring and then around 7:15am. So when Michael went to work Thursday morning he rang both bells and they rang just fine...so we were confused if there really was a short or if there were rambunctious kids running around....or maybe even a ghost (not really, but mom and I were joking about that one). I didn't hear it the rest of the day and there was not a single ring last night. So there is this mystery of what/who was ringing the bell all night. (cue spooky music). Welcome to the TWILIGHT ZONE!!

No comments: