Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mother's Day and Weekend After

It has a been a couple of weeks since I have posted. I apologize for taking so long, but in my defense it has been a CRAZY couple of weeks!

First I wanted to write about my official FIRST Mother's Day Weekend. Our friends Graham and Brandi have a little girl named Arrie who is about 6 months now. Earlier in the week Graham had called me to see if I could watch Arrie Friday night and Saturday so he could surprise his wife for a little trip away. It was her Mother's day gift and anniversary gift. So Friday we got the opportunity to watch Arrie. She was a great baby, so it really didn't seem like there was an extra one around. Saturday night as a thank you the Phillips' made us dinner. On Sunday (actual Mother's Day), Michael and I had to sing at both services so there was no sleeping in, but right after the 2nd service we came home and I was waited on hand and foot. I got a couple of cute cards, two Nicolas Sparks books, and some notepads with the family's picture on them. So a GREAT first Mother's Day!!

Later in the week, we had to lower Maddie's crib. I walked in the room on Wednesday morning and there she was hanging on the edge of the crib. I was so surprised. Then we also have more teeth for both babies! Zack's third tooth started coming in on Tuesday. By this past weekend both of them have their 4th tooth coming in.

This weekend I sang in a wedding in Macon, NC. My mom (mamaw) had came up to babysit. So Friday night I went to rehearsal and Michael joined me for the rehearsal dinner. We got to catch up with a lot of members of our former church. We used to be members at Macon Baptist when we lived in Warrenton. Saturday, mom was nice enough to also babysit during the day so I went and played golf with the hubby and our friends Ed and Sarah. This was my first time playing golf in three years. We had so much fun!! I actually didn't do that bad for taking such a long break. Then we came home and got ready for the wedding. The wedding turned out perfect and we really enjoyed the reception. We got to dance a little, which again is rare now that we have little ones around.

Sunday after church mom and i put together a little Tykes play set for the twins (it is a little baby slide and baby swing, so cute!). We want to thank Mamaw for all her help!!! So THANK YOU!!!!

The twins and I are battling a cold. I started getting mine last week, so during the wedding I was constantly doing nose spray and cold & sinus pills until after I sang! So now the twins have it. Hopefully we will all be better soon! I'm actually feeling a lot better than I was last week. This coming weekend we are going to be hosting a couple that just moved to the area and they have an 8 month old daughter. So it should be another exciting weekend!

No comments: