Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Cousin Callie!!


First, Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl Callie! She is turning 2 today!
This past weekend we were all able to visit her for her birthday party down in SC. We packed up everyone and headed out on Friday night. To break up the trip we stopped at Mamaw and Papaw's house on Friday (thank you for letting us crash at your house!). Then we were up early and out by 8:30am to head to SC. The kids did really well for such a long trip. They pretty much slept most of the time (which was nice while in the car, but it did throw their schedule off for the day). We were there around noon and we got to spend a little time with everyone before the party. Callie is a huge fan of Elmo so her party was an Elmo theme. It was so cute, Amy did a great job. She made me feel all special when she said she was inspired by my Sesame Street party for Aaden, (seen here.) It was so much fun! After the party, Gram, Grandma, Grampy, Amy, Michael, Callie, Cayden and the all of us headed back the Rhymer's house for burgers. Grampy and Grandma had to leave and around 9pm Michael and I had to take the kiddies to the hotel to get them down for the night. The next day we went to Amy and Michael's church. This church was probably the biggest church I have ever been to. I think I counted 7 classrooms for infants-2 year olds. I'm talking HUGE!! It was nice! Then after lunch we headed back home. Thanks again to Mamaw and Papaw for meeting us in G'boro to pick up Trapper (they watched him for us on Saturday night)! We were home around 5:30pm where we all relaxed.

I have so good news...I received party pictures in the mail yesterday taken by Samantha McCaskill Photography. I am still reviewing them (there were quite a few!!), and deciding how I'm going to show them. I think there are too many to do a regular post so I'm going to try and put together a slide show today. (emphasis on TRY!)

1 comment:

Amy and Michael said...

Thank you all for coming down and spending a weekend with us. We know how much it is to travel with babies and you have no idea how much it meant to have you here. Callie loved playing with her cousins and can't wait to see Maddie and Zack-a-roo again!