Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Please say a prayer

Tomorrow Maddie has another gastro appointment. I honestly know in my heart of hearts that Maddie is completely healthy. She is a normal (almost) 2 year old. She goes through spells of not wanting to eat sometimes just like any other toddler. But my frustrating issues is that I have doctors breathing down my back that if she doesn't gain the appropriate amount of weight than they are going to have to "run tests", put her on meds, or do surgery. So it has put an enormous amount of stress on me over these last few months. I know tomorrow's appointment is coming and I immediately get tense if she misses a calorie or two. Today in MOPS class I broke down and started crying and begging for advice on what to do. I think they probably think I'm crazy! So if everyone could do me a big favor, will you please say a prayer for us tomorrow. Her appointment is at 9am. I will try and update the blog tomorrow afternoon when we get back. I did get some great advice today from some wonderful mothers. I think the best advice came from a fellow twin mother..."I am my kids advocate and if I think they are fine than just tell the doctors NO!" So tomorrow if Maddie hasn't gained a pound or two than I think I'm going to just tell them that I'm fine with that. Her blood work is normal. The endocrinologist says she is fine and I think she is going to be small because that is her genetic makeup and on top of that she is a twin. The other twin mother told me her daughter was a little smaller than Maddie on her 2nd birthday so not to worry. I think I might even switch doctors if this issue doesn't resolve and we come to a close.

Again, say a prayer for us!

No comments: