Thursday, October 25, 2012

Foot In The Door

Late Monday night I got a text from one of the teachers at the preschool Maddie and Zack attend. She stated that she wouldn't be able to go into work and asked if I minded subbing in for her. I jumped at the chance, not knowing what class she taught or age group, well anything really. In the future I will be looking for something part time while the kids will be going to school and I don't want to hire a sitter or day care so I thought about doing something that has the same hours, and working at the preschool sounded perfect!!! Back at the beginning of school year I took a sub class to get certified and there were TONS of women in this class most were former teachers and everything so I didn't think that I had a chance. (This school has a long line of teachers and you only get in subbing first.) So again when I got the message I jumped! I found out later that it was the Mom's Morning Out class, which is the 12 month - 24 month class. I had 6 kids with the assistant Miss Rachel. They were wonderful and I had a blast!!! So I'm hoping in the future I can sub again. That way in a year or two I can make my way as a teacher at the school!

1 comment:

Amy and Michael said...

So glad you had a great time and enjoyed it! I hope you can get a spot there!