Saturday, September 19, 2009

a GREAT visit!

This week we had a special visit from my grandfather, which is Zack and Maddie's Great-grandpa Graves. He and his fiance, Nettie, swung by on their way to the outer banks on Thursday. I think he had a great time with them. He got a chance to reminisce about his twins (which are my aunt and uncle) Barbara and Barry.

On Wednesday this week I had my doctor's appointment and I took the twins with me. This was the first time I was out on my own with them. It was definitely an experience. My appointment was at 10:30am but I wasn't seen until 11:45am and by then the twins were starving. So I went to Wendy's in Tarboro (Tarboro was where I had my appointment). I ended up running in to a lot of our Tarboro church members who helped me in and out of the restaurant. Once there I sat in a corner to try and feed both of the twins. I would take one out of their carrier/stroller seat and feed them a bottle while the other remained in their seat. EVERYONE came up to see them. I answered the exact same 4 questions over and over again:
1. Yes they are twins
2. Yes I do have my hands full
3. They are 6 weeks old
4. One is a boy and the other is a girl (below is a picture of how i had them dressed, plus they had a blanket on their seat, pink for Maddie and blue for Zack. You would think people would get their gender with this, but I guess not.)

Overall it was a good trip. I am quickly learning how to maneuver two at once. Coming up this next week is Mike's birthday, so I hope to have several pictures with him and the twins.

No comments: