Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Day

Halloween morning Mike and I woke up with Maddie in the hospital. Actually Maddie refused to sleep in the crib, so she ended up sleeping in my arms all night. We kept getting awakened by the nurses coming in and out to get vitals from Maddie. That morning she was completely swollen from all the liquids they had been pouring into her. I felt terrible for her. However, once she woke up she started playing and talking. Eventually the doc came back in and said he liked what he saw. If she could keep down food throughout the day she could leave in the afternoon. Right after church (Mamaw, Papaw, Stacy, Aaden and Zack went to church) we got a visit from the rest of the family. Mike and I had to leave for a few hours to go to Mooresville to look at more houses (another LONG story). Mamaw told me that Maddie kept wanting to get down and play with the boys, which was a great sign. At 5pm I got back to the hospital, (daddy had to get back to RR), and Mamaw and I got to take Maddie out of the hospital. Once we got into the car she started clapping and saying Bye-bye.

Since Madelin didn't get much of a fun Halloween we decided to take her to mom's church, which was where the boys were, to decorate pumpkins and get some sort of Halloween fun. We were there for about an hour. Then we headed back to the house and put all the kids to bed. Maddie and Zack were in their cribs, but we could hear them talking outside their room. Mamaw and I joked that it was Maddie telling Zack all about her experience.

No comments: