Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Eve, Day and 26th

On Christmas Eve we have a tradition to celebrate with my dad's family. We go to Biscoe, NC to celebrate. This year our kids were running around. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures. I believe Mamaw took a few and I will steal some of hers later to post. We exchanged gifts and spent time with cousins, great-aunts, and great-uncles. Once it was time to leave we headed to Mamaw and Papaw's house. We watched Miracle on 34th street until it was bedtime. I should also mention that Bentley made it home. He actually arrived the day before. The doctors all told Stacy and Kevin that it would be fine as long as he wasn't passed around.
Christmas morning we all awoke early to see what Santa brought us. Santa was extra generous!! The kids received a kitchen/grill set from Santa. They LOVED it!! At first we couldn't get any one to open gifts. They all wanted to play with the set.







Then something odd happened. It started snowing on Christmas day. This is VERY unusual in NC. It is once in a lifetime. The last time it snowed (other than a dusting 20 years ago) on Christmas day was back in 1960 something (according to the news). So since the snow started coming, Mike ended up leaving so he could get back to RR. It was his last week he had to work there and he didn't want to get stuck outside RR and not be able to work on Monday.

The rest of us enjoyed getting out and playing in the snow.





After we played in the snow for a while we headed for the Graves' (mom's family) side for their Christmas party. I tell you, the kids received SOOOOOO much stuff over the week of Christmas.


On Monday morning we celebrated Aaden's 2nd birthday. I just can't believe he is already 2!



That afternoon the kids and I headed back home. I needed to get back so I could get Zack seen by our pediatrician. We had a WONDERFUL Christmas. Thank you Mamaw and Papaw. We love you!!!

No comments: