Monday, February 20, 2012

Celebrating My Birthday Part I

My birthday is coming up this week.  And for my birthday my sweet hubby got me two tickets to the UNC vs. Clemson game and two tickets to Les Miserables (which is one of my favorite musicals).  So Saturday we dropped the kids off with Mamaw and Papaw (thank you Mamaw and Papaw for watching the kids) and we headed on to Chapel Hill.  We got there early enough to enjoy lunch.  We ended up going to Top of the Hill, which is where Michael proposed to me almost 9 years ago.  We didn't ask for it, but we ended up getting seated at the exact table too!  After lunch we shopped up and down Franklin Street.  The game was great, because UNC won and improved the UNC vs. Clemson at home streak to 56-0.  When we were about to leave we spotted Woody Durham.  For those that don't know who Woody Durham is, he was the voice of the Tarheels for 40 years and just retired last year.  He was gracious enough to let me get a picture with him.  It was a wonderful day. 







Then it was on to our next event.  I ended up talking Michael into staying the entire game so we could sing the alma mater.  Well...this made us have to run back to our car to make it to the musical which was in Raleigh.  We had an obstacle course getting back, even doing a 10 ft. drop from some stairs to save us 5 minutes (our lives are never boring!).  We got to the theater with 15 minutes to spare.  In fact they just started flickering the lights when we walked in.  The musical was great.  The music was wonderful.  I think Michael liked the music.  The story is a little hard to follow, but we enjoyed it.  We were so worn out that we ended up going back to our room and going straight to bed.  We were just exhausted.  It was the perfect day!

No comments: