Sunday, February 12, 2012

My kitchen is possessed!

I know I posted that a few weeks ago our oven just died on us.  Well I haven't gotten it fixed just yet.  We will probably be calling someone this week to fix it. 


So.....today.....  It was around 3pm.  The kids were napping.  Mike and I were watching TV.  I was almost asleep when I heard Mike say "did you hear that?"  He got up and walked around.  The next thing I know Mike calls me into the kitchen.  I walk in there and immediately smell and see smoke.  It smelled like an electrical fire.  We took a few minutes to discover that our fridge was blowing up!  I joked earlier on facebook that maybe my fridge is protesting that I haven't fixed the oven and decided to teach me a lesson.  Luckily we have my old college fridge and we can at least store a few things in there (i.e. milk, cheese, sandwich meats).  We have a deep freezer that we store all our beef so we had room for the freezer foods.  Also, since it has finally turned winter outside I am able to put some things that didn't fit in our small fridge out in our garage and not worry about it spoiling.  So it looks like our tax refund will be going to new appliances.

Praise the Lord we were home! 

No comments: