Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  I'm so sorry I didn't post this yesterday, but our day was quite crazy.  Which would be proof that our life truly is hectic!  Monday night we did not have  a good night.  Zack started wheezing due to a pesky cough that slipped into his lungs.  So yesterday morning I decided to take him to a new pediatrician (I had been wanting to switch for a while now).  The new place was WONDERFUL!  I wasn't a fan of the receptionist; not that she was rude, but usually when I call a place and say "my son is wheezing" they immediately tell me to come in right away.  Where as this lady scheduled an appointment for later in the morning.  I was okay with it yesterday due to the fact that his wheezing at this point was very mild.  So we headed to the doc's office and discovered that Zack had a 102.8 fever and that he needed a new steroid.  She told me that I had been doing everything right because his wheezing was starting to get under control.  So then I headed to CVS to pick up our new meds plus the old inhalants.  CVS then told me that my new insurance card didn't have a prescription coverage.  This sent me into a fury.  I then called BCBS and they told me that I did have coverage.  It was just a total lack of communication between the three of us.  An hour later I still didn't have our drugs and Zack is now wheezing again and really needed a treatment.  I was in tears and called my momma who told me to go home and give Zack a treatment then go back to get the meds.  So this is what I did.  Finally the chaos ended and I was eventually able to get Zack's meds and we were able to all take naps since we didn't get any sleep the night before.  Valentine's night was MUCH better!  We all had a much needed relaxing night with family!


This is what the kids made at school to house their Valentine cards

Here is Zack's doggie!

No comments: