Monday, February 20, 2012

Hat Making

A little over a month ago my sister asked me about making a hat for her so she can attend a tea party and not have to pay TONS of money for a hat.  Then she said that her friend would like me to also make her one as well.  So I went out and purchased a couple of hats.  The one for the friend was a felt hat $6 on clearance and I purchased a really pretty silk flower and viola this hat was done.


Stacy's hat was a little more expensive, but not too much.  Her hat was a nice woven hat for $20.  I then went to a craft store and purchased a few feathers, ribbon, and a fabric flower.  Here are the before and afters.  I think it turned out great. 

By the way I walked into a TJ Max to look at prices for these types of hats and the CHEAPEST I found was $80.  These hats were $12 and $28 respectively.

No comments: