Monday, March 12, 2012

Operation Separation

About three months ago Zack started waking up in the middle of the night.  He then comes into our room.  Sometimes he wants to crawl in the bed with us and others he just wants to play.  Sometimes he also wants to go back to his room, but when he does he always wakes up poor Maddie (and Maddie is not one you should wake up).  So after much debating we have decided to go ahead and try to split them up.  Over the last three days I have been working on their rooms.  I am FAR from where I want them to be.  I have painted Maddie's room.  Zack's room has the first coat and I hope to have the second up tonight.  My plan is to make their rooms very exciting and interesting for their personalities.  My fear is that when we try to split them up, that they will not want to be split up.  I have talked to another twin mommy and she said that she allows her twins to have a "sleepover" one night a week in a room together.  So I might let them do this.

I hope separating them will help me break Zack's habit of coming into our room at night.  I have taken before pictures of their rooms and once they are done I will post on the blog.  More than likely this will be a VERY lengthy  process, so I might end up having SEVERAL posts on this process!

No comments: