Monday, April 16, 2012

Zack's Number Project

So I had one big project left of Zack's room that I wanted to do before I took pictures.  Well...unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding a few items to finish it completely, but I think I have to just go ahead and post the project not finished.  I found another Pottery Barn inspiration here:
I loved the sign above the bed.  I ended up just taking leftover plywood that I had from the baseball scoreboard and cutting it down to 2 1/2 X 3 1/2.  Then I cut two pieces of 20" X 16" for the numbers.
I looked around the house for paint b/c I didn't want to spend any money on this other than the cute stars.  So I had some leftover blue craft paint and painted the big board.
I then taped off the board and painted white lines and a darker blue line (sorry forgot to take pictures).  I then painted a dark blue of the number 23 on the smaller boards that I had painted white.
The number 23 had a couple of meanings.  Yes it is Michael Jordan's number, but we also chose this number for a bigger reason.  Mike's favorite baseball player is Ryne Sandberg.  He wears the number 23.  So we picked 23 for this reason.  Now...the part I am still missing...  I have in mind to get these cool lamps from Target to hang on the sides:
However, the two Targets I have visited do not have them and I don't want to purchase online without seeing it.  So...hopefully soon it will be finished.  Here it is in it's current state.

No comments: