Monday, December 2, 2013

Hanging of the Greens & Advent

Yesterday we had a busy day at church.  First, we were asked to light the 1st Advent Candle at the first service.  I SOOOOO wished I had a video of this, because Maddie and Zack were not going to let go of the lighter.  So here I was trying to hold onto the lighter myself, because it was already lit, and walk down the aisle with the two munchkins.  We were very slow, but we finally made it down to the front.  Once we got there, I decided we better light the candle from the bottom of the floor, because I am certain that if we had tried to go up the steps, one or both would have tripped and the whole church would have caught fire.  Luckily, we didn't!  Daddy did a great job of reading the scripture and the kids were very well behaved!



That night we had our annual Hanging of the Greens service.  It is the most beautiful service ever!  I have 2 videos to share.  The first is of the kids coming in with parts of the Nativity and the 2nd is their song they sang, Dear Jesus.  So cute! 




No comments: