Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm a victim!

Last night we had our friends in town come over and cook us dinner. It was EXTREMELY wonderful of them. While we were at the table I received a call to let me know that my card appears to have some unusual charges on it. So I called Visa back and went through what they thought was unusual. I found out that there were over $8,600 charges on my card in the last 3 days in New York. I have NO idea how someone got my info. I still have my card in hand and the scariest thing was that these crooks were able to charge over $1,800 at a restaurant and use my card info. How can you pay with a credit card at a restaurant without actually having the card to swipe? I was extremely scared and upset last night, but I was assured over and over again by BB&T that I am not liable for the charges. So all will be well, but it right now it is just frustrating. So for those that read my blog, please take the time to review your credit card statements and make sure that you aren't a victim too!

2 comments:

Amy and Michael said...

I'm glad someone called you so you could cancel that! That is scary.

Debbie said...

How awful! We all need to be careful in today's society. I hope the individuals who are trying to mooch off of others will be found and punished. I'm so glad that everything worked out for you. Give your hubby and those beautiful grandchildren of mine a BIG hug and kiss.
Love,
MOM/Debbie