Thursday, August 27, 2009

Trying to catch up

I have been very slack on updating this thing. I can't believe my babies are now over three weeks old. Can you? Last week Mamaw was here (my mom) and my sister and nephew also came up. Zack and Maddie are both now lifting their head on their own (granted not for long, but they are getting strong). According to our family and friends they are getting bigger. It is hard for me to tell since I see them 24/7. The only way I know they are growing is they are now too big for their preemie clothes. Also, we have had several visitors to come and see them: our Associate Preacher and his wife, Aunt Sharon and Uncle Jerry, Ed and Sarah, Chris and Erica, Graham and Brandi, Ron and Tracy. I think that is all, but I might have missed one.



This week Michael has paternity leave so he has been here with us. It has been wonderful!! On Tuesday, we took a little trip out and about Roanoke Rapids. We stopped by the bank, then post office, and then we took the twins into the grocery store with us. So, if I needed to (hopefully not) go to the grocery store on my own, it is possible. I have been working on baby announcements, which I will be mailing out tomorrow. So in my "spare time" I have been also working on thank you cards and some other things that I will announce later.


Other news... I have fixed my credit card (or rather BB&T has). I also got my hair cut last week. It was a DISASTER!! I took a photo to a place here in RR (I will leave out their name, b/c my hubby still goes to them). It was a photo of my hair short, just below my chin, with no bangs. The first thing the lady did was chop off my bangs and then started cutting my hair above my ears. I HATED it (still do)! I sat there watching her cut the rest of my hair and I tried not to cry, but since I am hormonal I couldn't stop the waterworks. I told her it was not what I wanted and then she proceeded to look at the picture better and realized it was no where near what I asked for. She felt so bad that she didn't charge me for the cut at all. SO... if you ever want a free haircut, go right after you have a baby and let the tears fall, but it probably has to be as terrible as mine. I probably will not be posting any pics anytime soon!



1 comment:

Amy and Michael said...

Hey - Sorry about your hair but until you hubby gives you a Daisy Duck billed hat from Disney and tells you to wear it on your head it is good to go!
The pictures look great and I can't wait to see them again soon!