Saturday, August 8, 2009

My babies made it home...


Today, (well technically yesterday now) Zack and Maddie came home. I was SO glad to leave the hospital, not because of bad treatment or anything (I LOVED our nurses), just to be home with my new family was wonderful! This morning they had their Bilirubin test, which I knew was a little worrisome because they took a REALLY long time. The pediatrician on call came in and told us he was really worried about letting them come home today. Zack's numbers jumped up pretty high and both of them have lost weight (Zack lost 13% of his body weight). He said he would let us bring them home today, but we will need to be back tomorrow morning for weight and rubin testing. So after everything we left at 12:30 pm. Once we arrived we did feedings and we went for our first stroll (we were told to get them in the sun a little to help with the jaundice). Please keep us in your prayers that both will start gaining some weight and the Bilirubin results will start going back down. We were told there is a possibility if things keep going the same way, they will be back in the hospital tomorrow night, so again please keep us in your prayers.
I never knew I could function so well with so little sleep. I can't believe how complete my life now feels.

1 comment:

Amy and Michael said...

Amazing how you go through most of your life not being a mom, and the minute you become one you could never imagine not being one huh? You are a wonderful mother, God couldn't have given Zack and Maddie a better one.