Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Update

Photobucket



Monday was our first Doctor's visit with our pediatrician Dr. B. She said they both look great. Zack has gained a few ounces since Saturday and is now 5lbs even. Maddie is now back up to 5lbs 6oz which was 3 1/2 more than Saturday. I told Dr. B about Zack's jaundice scare so she suggested we stop by the hospital on the way home and get his numbers checked just to be on the safe side. Later that afternoon we received a call from the doctor and she informed us that his Bilirubin levels have now gone down 4 numbers since Saturday so we do not have to worry about this any longer. YEAH!! She still suggested to keep getting them a little sun a day and make sure they are eating well. Currently Grammy (Michael's mom) is helping us get through the week. Michael had to go back to work on Monday so he is sleeping upstairs and poor Grammy and I are downstairs on the couch and getting up every 2-3 hours to feed, change them and try to get them back to sleep. You have no idea how much it has helped!! Having two is such a handful and I couldn't imagine doing this on my own. Luckily Michael and I have a HUGE support base! After Grammy leaves, I believe Auntie Crystal is coming up for the weekend and then Mawmaw (my mom) and Auntie Stacy are coming to help for a week. After that Michael is taking his last 5 days of paternity leave and staying for a week. From there we have several others that have offered to come and help. I know Grandma Pam has offered, Crystal has offered and some church members have also offered to come and help. Michael and I are beyond blessed.



As for me, I am slowly learning how to get on a schedule. I am just over the moon and find it hard not to just stand over them all day. I am constantly fighting the urge to hold them both all day.

2 comments:

Amy and Michael said...

You are doing such a wonderful job. I can not wait to see them again!

lacey said...

Girl you hold them babies...ALL DAY LONG! my doctor said that you can not spoil a baby...HOLD HOLD HOLD! LOVE LOVE LOVE! they are beautiful!