Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday/Easter Egg Hunt

Mamaw came up Friday night so Mike and I could go to a couple of functions. We were supposed to have had an Easter Egg hunt yesterday, but due to the weather it was postponed until today. So instead we stayed in our pajamas and hunted eggs inside. (I didn't take pictures because we were all in pajamas.) After lunch Mamaw and I went out to Khols to do a little shopping. I actually spend money on myself, which is an extreme rarity these days.

Today we got all dressed up for Palm Sunday. It was the hardest thing to get them to sit still so I could get pictures of them. My camera is still broke (flash doesn't work, so if they move inside it is blurry), so the pictures are a little blurry.






After church service we went out for lunch and then back to the church for the Easter Egg hunt. They first had little crafts set up for the kids. Here is Zack getting a temporary tattoo of an Easter Egg.

Poor Maddie fell asleep on our way to the church after lunch. We got her a tattoo as well.

Shortly after, Maddie woke up and we were on to the next station.
After craft time, they had story time where they read the Easter story. Out of a good 40-50 kids of all ages, my two were the only ones who were running around and being disruptive. It was quite embarrassing. We tried to get them to sit still which made them scream and act up worse. So this is something we will be working on. After story time we had the Easter Egg hunt. The kids did much better since the one at the MOPS. I think our practice in the house really helped!




After the hunt they also had bubbles and food. You know how much the twins LOVE bubbles!!


I think the kids really enjoyed themselves. All in all it was a great day!

No comments: