Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sick Zack

Zack is sick. Poor guy! He is just miserable. He started coughing Monday, but I didn't think much of it. (I know better too...which is why I'm mad at myself about that!) Monday night he didn't sleep well and he woke up several times screaming. He coughed all night. So yesterday we headed into the Pediatricians office to find out what was going on. The doctor looked into his ears and she said "the right ear might be infected." (Yes, I think "might?" Wouldn't you KNOW?) Turns out that the tube in that ear is angled really weird she said.

We have been given medicine for his ear and I am having to give him breathing treatments every few hours. Due to his RAD, reactive airway disease, he is having a hard time breathing. We are hoping he is better in 2 days because we are suppose to be heading to J-ville for Cayden's first birthday party. I did notice today that he has gunk coming out of his right ear. So I have placed a call into the Ears, Nose & Throat doc. However, he is out on vacation this week. The earliest I could get Zack in is next Friday.

So say a little prayer for him. Poor guy can't seem to sleep longer than a an hour or two at a time due to his breathing. He is just exhausted. I'm going to try and get the ear drops for him this afternoon and see if that will help as well.

No comments: