Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 11 of Thankfulness

In honor of Veteran's day, today I am thankful, grateful, indebted to all the men and women who have and continue to serve our country! Our freedom has come at a very heavy price and I am in awe of those that volunteer to serve our country. I am deeply connected with the Armed Forces, with members of family representing almost all of our military branches. In the Army - one grandfather fought in WWII and Korean War, another grandfather in the Korean War, a cousin who did two tours to Iraq, and a step-brother in-law who fought in Afghanistan. In the Navy - several uncles who have served as well as cousins, currently my brother-in-law is serving and is out on deployment. In the Coast Guard - another step-brother in-law is currently serving. In the Marines - both grandfather-in-laws served, father-in-law fought in the Vietnam War, and a cousin currently flying a fighter jet in the Marines.

So, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the past and present veterans! We are grateful for your service and sacrifices! Today I am very thankful for our veterans!

No comments: