Monday, June 8, 2009

It's raining baby gifts

This weekend was our 2nd baby shower. It was held in Asheboro, at High Pine Wesleyan (my hometown church). Michael and I are TRULY blessed. We received so many wonderful things. We couldn't believe the amount of gifts that we had received. Our family came out, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings and parents. Not only did family come, but friends and church members. We were just truly amazed in how many people were there and the amount of love there is for us. We can't say THANK YOU enough!

So the weekend started (and ended) great. Michael, Trapper and I all headed out on Friday night. Once we got to Asheboro, we were pretty tired, so we went straight to bed. Saturday, us ladies (Crystal, Stacy, mom, and I) and Aaden spent the morning working on shower favors. We made colored (pink and blue) chocolate lollipops that were in the shape of Noah's ark with the animals on it. My theme for the shower was Two by Two. Then we tied them to a pack of "double"ment gum. Mom thought of it so I can't take the credit. Once we were done, we then watched He's Just Not That In To You. It was good. After the movie the family met up with Michael's mom and Aunt Madelin to have dinner. We ate at American Roadhouse in Asheboro. After dinner we then met back up with Crystal and Dean to play games. (The guys one the first round, us gals one the second, but then the guys cheated to win the third, so us girls claim the victory.) After the games we then headed off to bed. I won't share how early it was because it makes us look really old, but I will say it was before my parents went to bed. Sunday after church, dad made us lunch. We invited Debbie, Aunt Madelin and Amy over. It was DELISH!! Dad had made grilled chicken, steamed veggies, new potatoes, and garlic bread. For dessert mom had made this strawberry thingy. I was quite impressed with it all! After lunch we got ready for the shower.

Again the shower was truly amazing. The church ladies, my aunts, Crystal and her mom, my mom and sister all helped with the decorations. They were so cute. The shower was from 3-5. By the time we had opened all the gifts...there were three BIG church tables filled with gifts. They actually had to set up the third table while we were opening gifts because there were so many. I can't say it enough, we are BLESSED!! It was a LOT of fun. I loved getting so see everyone, because a lot of times I only get to see family once a year at either Christmas or Thanksgiving. I even saw some GREAT friends whom I haven't seen in years. It was just wonderful.

After the shower we tried packing the car. I wish I had a picture to show just how packed it was. (We didn't get everything in there, but my parents are going to be bringing the rest.) The car was so packed that on the way back home, Trapper had to sit at my feet on the passenger's side of the car. We had to put a plate of cake on the dashboard and everytime Michael would take a curve or take off after a stop I would have to try and catch it before it fell. We got home around 9:15pm and we were so pooped that we didn't unload the car. (Not that I could do any unloading, it would have to be hubby.) We just found our luggage, which was strategically placed so we could get it easily, and then went upstairs and went to bed, well I went to bed, Michael stayed up and watched the Lakers/Magic basketball game. It really was an awesome weekend! I want to say to everyone that came to the shower and those that sent gifts that couldn't make it....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I wish there was a better word to express our gratitude.

Check out some of the pics from the shower below.

No comments: