Monday, June 1, 2009

Showered with Love

Saturday was my first baby shower. It was in Jacksonville and Michael's mom, sister and step-mom were my hostesses. It was really fun! The shower was from 1pm-3pm and boy did I get a load of things. The decorations were wonderful! The first thing I saw was a diaper wreath hanging on the front door. It was covered in diapers and had half covered in girl toys and clothes while the other side had boy toys and clothes. There were balloons and all kinds of baby decor. After I sat down I got my first surprise...my mom came. Once all the guests arrived we then started out the shower with food and then played a couple of games. The first came was famous couples/duos. There was a list of 20 names that had a famous partner. For example there was Mickey and _______ (answer is Minnie). I didn't do too bad on this one, I got 16 out of 20 correct. I think the winner got 18 correct, which was Aunt Debbie. The next game was Mom and baby. There were a list of adult animals and you had to come up with the name of the baby like Cow and calf. I did terrible on this one. I only had 6 correct. I think the winners were Carolyn and my mom. The next thing we did was open gifts. I got so many things. It was such a wonderful shower. Towards the end Michael came in and he had a gift as well. He received a diaper changing tool belt. It was so cute! It had the essentials like safety glasses, face mask, and gloves.

After the shower we got to spend time with our favorite niece, Callie. We had a such a wonderful weekend.


1 comment:

Amy and Michael said...

We are so glad we got to see the both of you this weekend! The shower was awesome! Zack and Maddie are going to have tons of neat things to wear and play with. I want a picture with the four of you in the booties!