Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Updates...

We are SOOO close to finishing the nursery! This past weekend my mom came up and brought the rest of the shower gifts from Asheboro that we couldn't fit into our car. Once she was here we put up all the gifts. We then washed all the newborn clothes, towels, washcloths, bibs, burp clothes, and blankets. After that we went to take back duplicates at Belk and Walmart. We then put up the curtains (they look so good) and put the bedding on Maddie's bed. The only thing left is Zack's crib, which should be coming in this weekend. After putting up the curtains we had Chinese food and relaxed a little bit. Poor mom had to get up and leave at 5am so she could get back and get ready for her new Sunday class in Asheboro.
Meanwhile, we were up early at 6:30am because I had to sing at our church for both services. Once we got home, I tried to take it easy. I started having some contractions (don't worry, it was just from probably going all out on Saturday and Sunday). After getting plenty of water and relaxing, they stopped. Monday I rested all day, just working on thank you notes.

Today was my 30 week appointment. The babies are doing great! We heard both heartbeats and they are beating very strong. The only thing is... the doctor asked what my activity level was and I told him most of the time I'm off my feet, but will be active every now and then. He then said "well from now on...stay off your feet." I'm taking that as a semi-bed rest. I'm going to try and stay off my feet as much as possible, but I'm still planning on attending my parenting class this weekend and our last baby shower next Saturday. After that I will stay off my feet completely. Please no one worry...it is just precautionary. They are still having me come in every 2 weeks and I don't have to do non-stress tests yet either.

Please keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:

Amy and Michael said...

That is great! You never mentioned your results from the glucose testing. I can't wait to see pictures of the room when it is finished! I'm sure it seems even more real now that you were washing their clothes. Too much fun! I can't wait for August!

Debbie said...

Sounds like you've got it all together, girl! Getting those items washed and doing as much as you can in the nursery was work, but wasn't it fun? I bet you and Michael spend time peeking and sitting in the nursery. Knowing you and your mom it looks fantastic. Can't wait to see it all done with my new grandchildren, Maddie and Zack!