Friday, June 12, 2009

"SURPRISE"d

Every Thursday night Mike and I go to small groups. It is a group of young adults that get together from our church and have a Bible lesson. It is like Sunday school, but at night and better because there is food before the lesson and fellowship after the lesson. We are usually there from 7pm-10pm. Last night we went as usual, I walked in and everyone yelled "SURPRISE". That is when I noticed all the baby decorations and was completely caught off guard. I immediately turned to Michael and asked him if he knew about it. He said yes and said that is why he worked a little later so we wouldn't be too early. It was wonderful!! I don't have any pictures, but that would be b/c I didn't know anything about it.

We started off the night with food. While I ate they made me wear an apron that had all kinds of baby things attached to it by safety pins. After we ate I had to take it off. Then we played a couple of games. The first game we played was Baby Bingo. Everyone got a blank Bingo card and was asked to fill it in with things they think I might receive in the gifts I would open. While everyone was filling those out we also played "Find the Safety Pins". There was a very big bowl filled with 10lbs of rice and 45 safety pins. Everyone took turns being blindfolded and tried to find as many safety pins as they could in 1 min. using only your hands. It sounds easy, but let me tell you...it was HARD!! The pins felt just like the rice or then there was a couple of times you had some harder rice and thought they were pins. The winners ended up finding 3 pins each (Donna and Hope). I found 2, so I didn't feel too bad. The next game everyone played was a memory game. They then asked everyone to try and name all the baby things that were attached to the apron that I was wearing earlier in the night. The winner was Brandi, but I think she might have cheated b/c she knew we were going to play, so she studied the apron while I was eating. Then came the fun part, opening gifts. Within the first 6 gifts opened someone had Bingo, way to go Diane. After the gifts, we sat around and talked. A couple of people took turns touching my belly and feeling Maddie kick. It was such a wonderful night and I can't think Anna-Lisa, Kirsten, and Brandi enough!

THANK YOU!!!

No comments: