Monday, June 29, 2009

Not Your Average Baby Shower



This Saturday we were in Cary for our last baby shower. Our college friends threw us a couples shower. It was SO much fun. It was more of a get-together than a shower. Justin cooked the meal (I think he should become a professional chef), it was extremely delicious. After dinner we were entertained by William Troutman dancing for us, he is the 3 year old in the pictures. Then all the rest of the guys started to try and dance like him. We then opened a few gifts and in true LSOB fashion we sat around with a guitar and sang. It was such a fun night. Thanks Kevin for taking all the photos!! Also a special thank you to Lindsey and Melanie for hosting the party.

Earlier in the day Michael and I went shopping to return a few items and to finish out our registries. Also we went to Chapel Hill to buy a coming home outfit for Zack and Maddie. After Target, Babies R Us and Johnny T Shirt, I dropped Michael off to play some golf while I shopped until our shower. I was told in Babies R Us there was a Carter's outlet off the Morrisville exit, so for an 1 and 1/2 I drove around like an idiot looking for this mysterious outlet. Finally I gave up and went over to Briar Creek to shop a little a Khol's. They had an awesome sale, but only ended up buying me some slippers for the hospital. After that it was party time.

Saturday had it's toll on me. I know I was ordered to stay off my feet, now I know why. Saturday night when we got home I was completely swollen and exhausted. I slept all morning and early afternoon on Sunday. Then Claire and Gregory came over around 2:30. Michael and Gregory went to play golf while Claire helped me sterilize some bottles and things. Around 3pm my mom and dad came up to deliver our meat. Then they helped make a special area for me to be able to scrapbook. SO SWEET!! Mom also brought some things that she got from Ikea. After some pizza everyone left and Michael and I headed to bed. All in all it was a terrific weekend!!

No comments: