Thursday, December 1, 2011

Getting Crafty

Currently I am very busy!  Busy just might be an understatement.  I have a wedding shower this weekend, Cookie exchange party next week, getting/making Christmas gifts, decorating for Christmas, and a big birthday party at the end of the month.  I wouldn't have it any other way!  I love being busy!!  I wanted to share my Christmas gifts that I have made for the kids preschool teachers.  I had seen this idea over at MaddyCakes (one of my favorite blogs) back at the beginning of the year and then I saw it a couple of weeks ago on Pinterest.  What is pinterest you ask?  It is the most addicting website ever!   It is an online website for your interests.  You have your own board where you can pin your favorite ideas...so the name is Pinterest. It is chocked full of crafts, food ideas, DIY projects, fashion, and you name it...

Getting back to my crafts.  I decided to do shadowboxes with their teachers initials out of crayons.  I went to Big Lots and found originally $59.99 shadow boxes on clearance for $5.  It originally had a flower in it and one of the flowers were starting to come unglued, which I didn't care because I wanted to remove the flower.   I opened it up, took out the flower, then glued the crayons.  We have TONS of crayons here so that didn't cost me anything.  So for just $5, here is how the teacher gifts turned out.  Unfortunately I do not have a before picture.  (Note to self...when crafting do a before pic.)  What do you think?




No comments: