Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sneak Peek

I have so much going on!  Between the potty training (the every 10 minute potty trips), the Christmas shopping, Christmas wrapping, making Christmas gifts, and well...life.  I am also planning a special birthday party for my nephews.  It is a combination party for Aaden who will turn 3 and for Bentley who is turning 1.  We are having a Toy Story themed party, which is great, b/c my two LOVE Toy Story as well and we have tons of toys that can double as decorations.  If you have seen some of my party posts in the past, you will notice that I like to find unique decorations for CHEAP!  We (Stacy and I) are planning a similar "station" party that we had for the twins' 2nd birthday party (i.e. Food, Desserts, Crafts, Games, Photo Booth) which you can review HERE.  For those that haven't seen or not aware of Toy Story, the movie is now a trilogy.  The first one has Andy (the boy who owns the toys) traveling to Pizza Planet.  It is a themed restaurant which features space as the theme.  So without giving too much away...our Food station is going to be "Pizza Planet".  There are going to be a few aliens hanging out at the table.  This brings me to showing off my latest creation.  I was at the dollar store today looking for a couple of fillers for some other gifts and looking for anything that I could use for the Toy Story party.  (I LOVE finding things at the dollar store!  Some of my platters that I use is from here and I also have TONS of other finds in my parties here too.)  I came across this:

I found tons of these car wash mits.  I picked up three.  I happen to have lots of wiggly eyes and poms (if you don't have on hand, I actually found them at the Dollar Tree as well.).  I tucked in the thumb, glued on some wiggly eyes and put them over some bottles to make them stand. This is what the end result came out to be:



No comments: