Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sick kiddo

This morning we had Zack come burst in our room before 6am.  He wasn't crying or upset.  He actually came in asking to watch Frosty.  This kid usually doesn't wake up before 7:30, so this was my first sign something wasn't quite right.  Then later in the morning he started holding his ear and saying it hurt.  I tried putting in ear drops, but he kept screaming, so at 9:30am I called the pediatrician and they said to bring him in.  Sure enough both of his tubes have fallen out and he has a double ear infection.  This is SO deja vu.  This time last year he got a double ear infection (almost to the day).  Poor guy has both tubes stuck in his ear canal.  I called the E,N,T doctor after we got home and they said to just give him the antibiotics and then follow up with them to make sure the infection clears.  The Pediatrician gave him amoxicillin.  I'm hoping it works, because this time last year it didn't work, then the next drug didn't work and then they had to give him shots before we could get into surgery.  So please say a little prayer that his infection will clear up.  Thanks everyone and I'll keep you updated!

No comments: